View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 07:57 PM   #13
MLeake

So, armsmaster270, do you feel that non-critical employees and non-emergency service employees should all have to consent to breathalyzers when they arrive for a shift at work?

(Random screens have been applied to pilots for some years now; same for military; I'd imagine same for LE and EMS. However, we agree to those terms of employment, and don't have to go to work there. Also, the unions for all those organizations tended to have fought tooth and nail...) Edit: military don't have unions. I realize that. Military also are subject to UCMJ, and give up some rights when they take the oath.

Since breathalyers are non-intrusive, perhaps you feel you should be able to administer them to drivers at impromptu roadblocks? Driving is a privilege, after all, and people could opt not to drive.

I'm pretty appalled at all the strident 2nd Amendment supporters in here, who routinely decry the government pulling its Big Brother routine and wanting to regulate away our guns "for the good of the children," and yet these same folks seem to think breathalzying every kid that goes to a school function is not only acceptable but laudable.

Actually, I'm past appalled. I'm disgusted.

Page generated in 0.03592 seconds with 8 queries