View Single Post
Old September 22, 2010, 07:44 PM   #11
bedbugbilly

After seeing the photos of this model . . . well . . . the "bug bit" and I fell in love with it. I was at the gunshop today where I had bought my New Ruger Vaquero and asked about whether they could get one, price, etc. He went into the back room, was gone for a few minutes checking and then came back and had a Beretta catalog that he opened up, showing a model with the birdshead "Marshall" type grip but then told me that their new catalog didn't list the "Beretta Stampede Marshall". He had checked some of their vendors and none were available and Beretta didn't answer when he called there. He then said that they were showing another model with the same type of grip with a 5" (or so) barrel. I thanked him for his time and said I would check again when I got back in the spring from Arizona. I honestly don't know if he knew what he was talking about or not. Can somebody out there shed some light on the availability of the Beretta Stampede Marshall? I know they are Uberti. He showed me a Beretta SAA clone - nickle plated - and I have to say I was impressed with the revolver - great fit and finish and I felt equally as good as my New Vaquero. I'd like to get a "Marshall" in 357 (I love the 38 spl. cartridge) with a shorter barrel. I don't have a FFL and would have to order it through a dealer. (I'm a resident of Michigan). I would like to have a shorter barreled similar to the one shown on this thread. Can you advise me what the barrel lengths are that this model is made in? Any information or suggestions as to the availability of them would be greatly appreciated!

The day wasn't an entire waste though . . . . I found a Colt Official Police in 38 spl (mfg. in 1944) that I'm going back for tomorrow to keep my Colt Army Special - 38 spl. (mfg. in 1909) company!

Thanks!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02896 seconds with 8 queries