View Single Post
Old July 7, 2009, 09:12 AM   #198
jfrey123

Wow, looks like this party is over already, but felt compelled to add my .02:

State of Nevada allows for any person to make an arrest of a suspected criminal. State of Nevada also allows for defense of ones property, which I'm sure plays along with the "reasonable amount of force". I'm not one to shoot and ask questions later, but I wouldn't be able to sit and watch, hoping the police come. I'd be hands on somewhere, probably whooping some sort of hiney.

So I'm different from the primary example. I'm not going to be gun drawn when I walk out the door, so when he looks at me and says "no", I'm going to reply "um.... YES!" and proceed to yank him from out of my car by his exposed legs, mount him and hold him like a high school wrestler (familiar turf for me).

NRS 171.104 Arrest defined; by whom made. An arrest is the taking of a person into custody, in a case and in the manner authorized by law. An arrest may be made by a peace officer or by a private person.

NRS 171.126 Arrest by private person. A private person may arrest another:

1. For a public offense committed or attempted in his presence.

2. When the person arrested has committed a felony, although not in his presence.

3. When a felony has been in fact committed, and he has reasonable cause for believing the person arrested to have committed it.

Page generated in 0.02692 seconds with 8 queries