View Single Post
Old October 6, 2005, 07:53 PM   #4
T-65

I Love Both .

I am a archer that loves to hunt, To be successful at archery hunting practicing archery is a must. I only use fixed blade broadheads (thunderheads)
They wont ever let you down like an expandable one might. If you want to try a decent expandable broadhead try a jackhammer sst by Wasp. You can call or write any manufacturer of broadheads and ask them to send you a sample and most are more than willing. A few years back I did this and recieved at least a dozen differant brands. Of all them expandable type that jackhammer sst did the best on my test sessions. I love to hunt with both yet my true passion is giving em the blade it's a little moe intense and personal. As far as Bullets go I only shoot ( Bergers MEF) I reload and and Berger bullets manufactures the best in the world. The MEF stands for Maximum Expantion Factor. I shoot 110grain 25cal MEF moly. I have never had to track anything with em. I shot an pronghorn in wyoming and taped the kill. I reviewed the tape in slow motion sevaral times and you should see the cavity of that goats vitals, It literally expanded twice it's normal size on impact. I would stongly recomend one of the following bullets . NOSLER PARTITION, NOSLER BALLISICTIP, Nosler and Winchester consolidated for winchesters FAILSAFE round. It has a ballistic tip on it.You dont have to load yor own you can buy them in several calibers at most sporting goods stores, BERGERS MEF series. Sierra produces with the TROPHY BONDED BEARCLAW. Any one of these bullets would get er done.

Page generated in 0.03692 seconds with 8 queries