View Single Post
Old January 28, 2013, 03:58 PM   #16
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

13,000+ posts and I don't own or have any desire for a 357 revolver.

Anyway, the OP may have "expected" (and apparently rejected) the response that they're all safe if you do it right and none of them are if you don't, but it's the absolute truth.

I started out loading 357sig, I see people all the time saying to stay away from it if you're a beginner. Silliness. It's the same as any other cartridge.

I now load for 357sig, 10mm, .204Ruger, .22-250, .243Win, .243AI, .270WSM and 7mm-08.

I don't consider any of them to be safer than any of the others. The can all be loaded with enough powder to blow up a gun and none of the published loads or accepted practices are anywhere near blowing up a gun.

Follow the established safe practices and published load data and they're all safe. Don't, and none of them are.

If someone thinks they should start out with maximum margin of safety "in case" they do something wrong, they should seriously consider not reloading. Believing that you can't follow the basic steps, practices and data and looking for a way to protect yourself is a strong indicator that you may not be the type of person who should reload.

No insult. It's not for everybody. It's not rocket science but it does require certain attitudes and skills.

Page generated in 0.03755 seconds with 8 queries