View Single Post
Old November 14, 2011, 03:32 AM   #7
10-96

Chavo, don't take me wrong- I'm not trying to attack you, talk down to you, or insult ya- but I suggest you back up and re-evaluate your idea of home defense. A person shouldn't do anything to look intimidating, nor shoud they prescribe to the school of thought that the terrifying rack sound of a shotgun will send bad guys fleeing from the entire northern hemisphere.

If you find yourself in need of a weapon, then a weapon you should have- not a bunch of fanciful ideas. Little in life is more discernable than the profile of a person pointing something lethal at you. Now honestly, unless you're brandishing- how likely is it that you will ever hear a BG utter the words "Holy sheep dip, look at the magazine on the shotgun that homeowner is pointing at me!"? There is nothing wrong at all with following suit with what LE and other such folks utilize.

edit: Just for the sake of putting it out there... Savage, Mossberg, or somebody still makes a Model 200 (210?) bolt action goose gun that uses a detachable magazine. That could be whittled down to legal length, but I can hardly mention one of those and tactical proficiency in the same sentence.

I suspect a thing or two... because I've seen a thing or two.

Page generated in 0.03394 seconds with 8 queries