View Single Post
Old February 1, 2007, 05:28 PM   #1
Eric M.

Taking some NRA Certification Courses--Need Advice

Hello Gentlemen,
My first post on this thread.
My Gun Club is starting a pistol league in the spring, and asked me to be the Range Safety Officer.
I agreed, but asked to be certified for this.
In March, I will take a 20 hour NRA Pistol Instructor Course, that will give me Certification as an NRA Pistol Instructor.

I will also, in March, take an 8 hour course which will Certify me as an NRA Range Safety Officer.

I have been a Minnesota DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor for the past 32yrs., and an NRA Life Member for 33yrs.

I shot ATA trap for 25yrs, and Small Bore rife matches for many years also.

I have shot pistols my entire life, but never in competition.

Our Forest Lake Sporstmens Club has been here forever,
www.forestlakesportsmensclub.com but this is the first pistol competition that it has had.

This will be new territory for us and I hope to be asking you gentlemen many questions, and much advice in the coming months.

My first question is: After my Certification Courses, should I be equipped to run the Range?
I coach and have many students in my Safety Classes so I have NO PROBLEMS with smart mouths, but, is what I learn at the School be enough to get me started SAFELY?

Is there anything else that I should look into that I am not aware of in the coming months?

Any information from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
I do not want to come across as stupid, but I have learned over the years, that there is no sense reinventing the wheel, when someone else with more knowledge can help.

Thanks for anything that can be of help.

Eric
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor 37 yrs

Page generated in 0.03811 seconds with 8 queries