View Single Post
Old March 30, 2006, 08:51 AM   #1
sodflyer

Dangit! loaded 44 mag wrong....

I have no idea where my mind went as I moved all of my reloading equipment to the new reloading bench lastnight... it's a lot better than wat it was before... thought I would start on some 357's so I deprimed all of those and changed my mind to loading the new brass 44 mags. Set everything up, checked every charge for the first 25 of them... and a quick check every 10 after that. about at the 150 mark I moved the scale and re zeroed it. set it to 27.5 then checked another charge..... it didnt move. Great! found out that even though I SAW 27.5 on the scale ( thought I saw ) the charge was 17.5..... crap!! as I did not change the powder measure at all...... now I work around scales all day long at work.. I am the maintenance manager there so I know how to set them up but not lastnight how safe are the extractors? as I have 150 of them to pull.... this was being loaded with Speer 210 GDHP bullets, Win mag primers, new remington brass and 296 powder supposed to be at 27.5 but now at 17.5. I doubt that they are but are these safe to shoot at that low of a charge?

Page generated in 0.02315 seconds with 8 queries