View Single Post
Old May 1, 2013, 10:55 PM   #6
Misssissippi Dave

With .357 mag loads using Jacketed bullets, I always crimp at the cannelure. Then I check to see how they fit in the cylinder. I don't want to have a lock up problem. I start at near the minimum and work the load up from there. I have never had a problem with starting loads and a little shorter OAL in .38 special or .357 magnum loads. It isn't like I have to worry about how they are going to feed as in semi-auto pistols. As mentioned, this isn't a powder I would normally want to use. It seems these days you just have to make do with what you are able to get. I'm fortunate to have enough powder to hold me for a while. I'm not to the point yet of having to use powders I would rather not have to use yet. AA7 is my preferred powder to use with 158 grain JHP bullets for range use. My bullets are not designed for expansion. I guess they could expand a bit if I bumped the speed up a little more using AA9 powder or W296.

I would shoot them but I would also expect them to be fairly mild loads. How accurate they will be I have no idea. .010" difference in OAL is not going to make much difference in pressure or speed.

Page generated in 0.03376 seconds with 8 queries