View Single Post
Old December 14, 2010, 01:01 AM   #27
silvercorvette

Quote:
Silvercorvette - That Model 327 looks pretty sweet! Kinda big on the grip end. Assuming its built off the N frame?
correct it is and N frame, and as far as the locks go there have been reports of guns locking up by themselves. That is the last thing I want if my life depends on the gun firing when I pull the trigger. My carry guns all have the locks removed.

I haven't heard of any rumors about the lock being phased out and since S&W is owned or partly owned by the company that makes the locks I doubt the will stop making the locks.

I also hate the lock because it leaves an ugly hole in the side of the gun. There are a few gum makers that have locks that are less objectionable, if I am not mistaken Ruger makes a better locking system

Quote:
I really like concept of polymer, ultra-light revolvers, and I've looked at the Ruger LCR, but to get the laser sights, you pay an extra 200 bucks, where as with the SW, they come factory, minus the 200 buck
If you are going to be shooting a magnum you need a gun with some weight to it.

A light weight gun is fine in .38 or .380 but too light for .357 loads.

There is nothing wrong with light weight guns, I own a few. But sometimes a person may want something more substantial. I have gotten used to carrying the "N" frame to the point I don't notice the weight
=====================================

all you need to do to fix the lock is remove this part, the downside is you wind up with a space

Last edited by silvercorvette; December 14, 2010 at 01:07 AM.

Page generated in 0.04045 seconds with 8 queries