View Single Post
Old November 29, 2000, 11:33 AM   #2
Fred

dgang,

If you don't already know this, your question will start the age old debate of "Dillon versus Lee, Ford versus Chevy, etc.", but I'll jump into this hornet's nest anyhow.

I am a Lee 1000 owner. Been using one for a little over 4 years now, and have loaded about 12K to 15K rounds with it. Use it for 9mm, .38/357, .40 S&W and .45 ACP. I find it very easy to use, and to date, have had no major problems or breakage with it. You absolutely must keep the priming tray full of primers or the machine WILL jam at some pont when trying to insert a primer in a case. Then you will spend some time trying to clear the jam and pick out the errant primer. Other than that, I have had no problems.

One downside is that it is only a 3 station press. That may or may not be a consideration for you. Is the Lee as well built as a Dillon? Probably not. Will it last as long as a Dillon? Don't know. What I do know is that I have been able to load many 1000's of rounds the past 4 years that I otherwise might not have been able to. At the time I couldn't afford a Dillon, so went with the Pro 1000 from Midway for $117! Sure did buy a lot of bullets, powder, primers, etc., with what I had left over! Good luck with whatever you decide.

Page generated in 0.03428 seconds with 8 queries