Thread: Am i weird?
View Single Post
Old January 7, 2013, 07:18 PM   #17
MB21

My two best friends ARE gun people, and they don't understand why I sleep with a loaded 1911 next to me. They always ask why, I tell them that I see some very sketchy people walk by my house. (I live in the middle of a small town riddled with tweakers.)

They ask, "well what if it went off accidentally?" I tell them, "There are two safeties on a 1911, a slide and a grip. They are both always engaged when I sleep with it next to me. Even if for some rare chance that the slide safety is off, it would take pressure on the grip safety and on the trigger at the exact same time in order for the round to touch off."

I would like to point out both of them own 1911's, one friend owns two. They are just ignorant.

They also counter with, "what if someone comes in and picks it up unknowingly?" To which I reply, "I let all of my friends that come in my room know that there is a loaded pistol on the table. If for some reason that still doesn't deter someone and they shoot themselves, it is their own damn fault for picking up an unfamiliar gun and not chamber checking it."

Their response is, "You're crazy man!"

This conversation has happened several times, once last week.

Page generated in 0.02326 seconds with 8 queries