View Single Post
Old July 30, 2009, 12:09 PM   #23
Bartholomew Roberts

Quicken and other form trusts can easily create problems the ATF may not spot. David Goldman has published a nicely detailed article on Quicken NFA trusts and PA law that highlights some of those issues. Like most things, it all depends on how complex you want it. An NFA trust can be as simple as an NEF single-shot shotgun or it can be a Tromix AK conversion

While I know Sean Cody's work is good, for those of you in the DFW area, I also do Wills and Trusts now. A simple, straight-forward NFA trust won't cost you anywhere near $600 - the problem is more people think they can get by with a simple NFA trust than is actually the case.

Quote:
Update what?? Once written it don't have to be rewritten again every other year unless a succsessor or beneficiarary dies before you do..easy to fix if it happens.
Easy to fix if:

A) It was written properly to begin with
B) You or your computer program correctly spotted all the potential legal issues in creating your trust (For example: Is your spouse a co-trustee? What happens in a divorce under your trust?)

As far as updates, if you are paying money up front and I am doing changes for free, I can guarantee any document I draft is going to minimize the amount of changes requiring my input.

Here is a good earlier thread with a link to the Goldman article:
http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/...d.php?t=334393

Last edited by Bartholomew Roberts; July 30, 2009 at 02:22 PM.

Page generated in 0.04748 seconds with 8 queries