Thread: Busybody?
View Single Post
Old April 5, 2016, 07:18 AM   #1
ATN082268

Busybody?

Last weekend I went to the local indoor shooting range to break in my Ruger AR-15. I bought 180 rounds of ammunition to practice with from the same indoor range just before I was to shoot. I bought the non-steel core they sell since the range doesn't allow steel core (green tip) and I don't think they sell them anyway. After shooting 60 rounds, I stepped back a little from the firing line stall, just enough where you could look down the back of the firing line and noticed an older gentleman, three stalls down, staring at me with his arms crossed like he was annoyed about something. I didn't give it much thought at the time and continued to shoot.

Around the 120 round mark, I step back again to get another target and notice the same gentleman was now gone. Around that time, an employee (not the same one who sold me the ammo) from the store/range asked me if I was shooting steel core ammunition. I said no and showed him a box of the stuff I was using and he gave me the thumbs up to continue. After finishing my shooting session, I was wondering if the gentleman on the firing line who seemed annoyed, was annoyed about my loud firing AR-15 and said something to the store; perhaps something like, a guy is really blasting up a storm on the firing line with his AR-15 and I think he may be using Green Tip ammo.

I was probably being paranoid especially since I am new to guns and shooting at that particular range. I haven't noticed anyone checking up on what ammo you are using on the firing line but I haven't shot a lot at that range. I was thinking that gentleman might be a busy body who was annoyed with my firing of my AR-15 and tried to get back at me by saying or implying that I was using Green Tip ammo. For people more experienced with shooting ranges, do you run across busy bodies with any significant frequency?

Page generated in 0.02999 seconds with 8 queries