View Single Post
Old November 20, 2007, 03:22 PM   #1
GLP Standard

EOTech vs Aimpoint

Sorry if this has been covered before. I'm sure it has, but I'm kind of in a hurry and don't have much time to search for my answer. Plus, its easier to put the question out straight forward. Ive included a poll too to make things easier.

I know there are many pros and cons about both optics. But which of the two do members of this forum prefer, and why? Also, when you state which you prefer, go into detail about which model you would buy and why. Right now, i'm leaning toward an EOTech (the one that takes N-Cell batteries). I wouldnt mind the one that takes AA's, but its an inch longer, and I like the smaller version (4") better than the 5". Plus, I wont be using the sight nearly enough to make battery life, and the burden of replacing "hard to find" batteries an issue.

That being said, I've also thought about the Aimpoint. The Aimpoint is significantly more expensive ($100 or so), and from what I can see, does not include the mount to mount it to the weapon (an extra $100 or so). I really don't know much about either optic, but have looked through both (on the M4's at work) though never used either at the range.

Which do you prefer, and which model of your preference would you buy, and why? I'm going for a whole CQB tactical aspect of it, for fast target aquisition at less than 30yards

Page generated in 0.02040 seconds with 8 queries