View Single Post
Old January 14, 2014, 03:30 PM   #5
glh17

This is a major pet peeve of mine. We have had a "I dropped my gun and it went off," a "I just picked it up and it went off," and, the big one, "I was cleaning it and it went off' every few weeks around here.

The last 3 "cleanings" that I remember involved two were a guy claimed to be cleaning a pistol and shot a round through the floor and into the apt. below. The third was a guy went out to get in this car and found a bullet hole through his garage wall and into the driver's door of his Mercedes. Police traced the trajectory to a neighbor's house. Wife said her husband was cleaning his gun the night before and it went off. All of these have occurred in a mid-size town over the course of a little over a month. All within the city limits and no charges, fines, or anything.

I don't believe this stuff for a minute. Problem is that it makes it sound like firearms are alot more dangerous than they actually are. I wish the media account would just say the gun owner was negligent and carelessly handing the firearm.

I agree with one of the above comments that these accidents are more likely to result in stricter gun control for the purpose of public safety than any thing the traditional anti-gun crowd can do.

Page generated in 0.06073 seconds with 8 queries