View Single Post
Old May 11, 2019, 07:38 AM   #13
bfoosh006

Consider an A2 stock if you really want a rifle length stock, they really are a decent design.

As for the Low mass BCG, I would tend to think, and while it might work, you want the mass of the regular BCG to help feed and function, and leave the bolt locked slightly longer ( from the additional mass ) .. that results in extraction at a lower chamber pressure. ( Easier extraction )

A heavy buffer weight will also aid in delaying the bolt unlocking. Even just a few milli-seconds matter.

And I use Lantac brakes and BCM ... the Lantac will be more annoying to those around you..for sure because of the angle of the ports.. ( any brake will the ports angled towards you will be worse )

But the BCM 308 is pretty manageable.
You might consider one of those.
https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCMG...-mod-1-762.htm

Make sure which ever free float tube you buy .. will allow ample clearance around the Adj. GB.

And IMHO, a adj. GB is the best add-on for any large frame AR. Buy a quality one.. the cheaper , less user friendly ones can be a PITA to adjust.. especially if the adjustment screws are not readily accessible.

I have been very happy with my SLR's.. and they go on sale frequently.

Trigger wise... the LaRue MBT 2 stage is a heck of a deal. I prefer 2 stage triggers... they are much easier to back out of a shot then a single stage.
The LaRue comes with a flat ( or curved ) trigger bow now.

Remember to do some QC on the various new parts... polish the feed ramps and RE feed lugs edges, polish the extractor face ( the portion that slips over the cartridge rim )

And a snug upper to lower fit makes it easier for you to have a consistent firing stance.

And if you want to get as much accuracy as possible from the barrel... consider lapping the upper receiver face true. $30 tool, and for me, doing this has helped precision on all the rifles I have built.
FWIW, it helps with full , complete, contact between the barrels bridge / barrel nut / upper receiver face.
IMHO, it is important. At the very least it will shoot more brand ammo's in tighter groups.

Page generated in 0.03129 seconds with 8 queries