View Single Post
Old April 26, 2019, 06:28 AM   #11
zukiphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
How does it work when trying to shoot 2-3 shots rapidly? Is it fast, or do you find this to be slower than a single stage?
I've never felt myself slowed by a trigger in an AR, but that may say more about me than anything else. I came to riflery from bolt actions, and you might describe me as low speed/high drag.

Geissele does make a 3-gun trigger that is set up mechanically like a two stage but in which the second stage weight doesn't engage on take up. Geissele do warn about doubling on that if the trigger is pulled slowly.

My sense is that 3-gun shooters generally prefer single stage triggers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
Quote:
How safe is a two pound single stage trigger in an AR?
Not sure.
I assume you are suggesting it will bump fire?
No, but if the light weight of a single stage trigger is achieved with a scant engagement of the sear, the opportunity for inadvertent fire seems higher.

The two stage trigger has the safety advantage of a long first stage with generous travel before the second stage engages.

I have a Geissele G2S in which that second stage is one pound. I've an Armalite with a 5.5 pound trigger, 4.5 pounds in an incredibly long first stage, and a bit less than a pound for the second stage.

Page generated in 0.03777 seconds with 8 queries