View Single Post
Old April 24, 2019, 08:30 AM   #2
zukiphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan
Can someone explain to me the benefits of Geissele triggers over their competition? They are pretty speedy...Are they better than the Larue,...
I have several of both, and a few others as well. One advantage of Geissele is that it is a two stage trigger. If you like that sort of thing, it's not a small advantage. There is a universe of cassette type single stage triggers with which I have no experience; they may be excellent, but I don't like single stage trggers.

I'll start with the worst thing about Geissele, their pricing. They are about double the other options I'll note below. Geissele are reputed to be more durable than Rock River or Delton both because of the way they are cut and the steel from which they are made. They also have a benefit for me - easy adjustment of the second stage.

Larue fans will point out that Larue triggers are cut from a sheet of tool steel rather than cast from it. I don't see that as an advantage if a cast Geissele doesn't have durability problems. People who like single stage triggers may also like the Larue product. It has a weak first stage and a relatively stout second stage. The disconnector is riveted, so adjustment of the second stage is not convenient. The trigger blade is flat. This drove me to use it with the very tip of my index finger; over the course of a summer, I developed a callous at the tip of that finger. (that doesn't sound very tough as I read it back.) The Larue is $87.

I like Rock River two stage triggers, but I don't use them in blowback actions simply because I once heard a story of one breaking. The disconnector is also pinned in these, so second stage adjustment is not convenient. I like the Rock River Varmint, which has a lighter second stage. It can be found for the same price as a Larue.

I have purchased a trigger second hand that I've seen advertised as a "FM" at Brownells, as their own trigger at Palmetto State and was identified as a DSG trigger. I don't know if it is the same thing as a Ruger, but it looks like it.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod113316.aspx

https://dsgarms.com/kt-dsg-4202-0012-dsg-4203-0001

Out of the box, the second stage is too heavy for me, but access to the disconnector spring is easy. It's smooth and feels a lot like a Geissele G2S in operation. The trigger face is smooth and has no sharp edges like the Larue. I know nothing about it's durability or construction.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by zukiphile; April 24, 2019 at 08:41 AM.

Page generated in 0.03506 seconds with 8 queries