View Single Post
Old April 7, 2013, 12:11 AM   #1
wateroperator1972

Poor/Incomplete SKS - Century International Arms

After debating weather or not to gamble with Century on their U-Fix-Ems, I gambled on a Poor/Incomplete Chinese Type 56 SKS for $159. Put the order in and received it in about 10 days, all the while getting nervous from other forums saying they got rust buckets from Century U-Fix-Ems. Received it this week. After 4 hours of cleaning the cosmoline off it, I determined I made the right decision. The stock was cracked all along the right side. It is irreparable. The hand guard is also cracked badly. Other than that, all the numbers match except the receiver cover and stock. There is no rust and no missing parts. The bluing is about 40%. I completely dismantled and cleaned/lubed it. Man did I lluck out! Installed a TAPCO T6 stock, TAPCO magazine release, and a 20 round TAPCO magazine. Total spent all together including shipping - $300. I will probably also get an original stock, but I like the looks of it now. All and all, I would definitely gamble with Century again on the U-Fix-Ems. They have Chinese Nagants U-Fix-Ems in stock right now for $59. My 3rd C&R since I got my License last september. Man is this addictive!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1SKS Original Cracked Stock.jpg (150.6 KB, 385 views)
File Type: jpg 2SKS No Stock.jpg (223.1 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg 3SKS New TAPCO Stock.jpg (177.4 KB, 391 views)

Last edited by wateroperator1972; April 7, 2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Added Pictures

Page generated in 0.03961 seconds with 9 queries