View Single Post
Old September 15, 2011, 02:33 PM   #9
BigJimP

Yes, the gun will cycle without a bolt handle in it ....but I don't recommend it.

You need the bolt handle in the gun ...to rack the bolt back ..and lock it ...to unload a round from the chamber. Whenever you move around with the gun ....in and out of stations on a clays field / in or out of a blind ...etc / you need to unload or lock open the bolt ...so everyone can see the gun is unloaded. Not having the bolt handle in there - would make that next to impossible.

I don't know - but its also possible that other mfg's bolt handles might fit that gun ....or whoever makes that gun / or made that gun ...is now making guns for weatherby, etc ...and they use some kind of a universal bolt handle...but spec it differently ...one gets "pot metal", one gets steel, etc ...so I'd still say, go to a gunsmith and get this figured out ...about why its breaking / and see if you have some options.

Bolt handles are available ...because on occasion ...they do fall out and are lost ...on some guns they're notoriously loose / and on some guns notoriously tight ...

Page generated in 0.03155 seconds with 8 queries