View Single Post
Old July 29, 2009, 02:47 PM   #7
priler

well,i thought i was going to get alot of koolaid drinkers but i have to agree on all the post so far,with one exception.

you know,i don't mind if a company uses our flag to sell their products and even don't mind if they take on religious over-tones...BUT,when they use our dying men and women by making certain suggestion,well,that kind of ticks me off.hence,why i posted the document.clearly the army DOES know what militec can and can not do.the fact that some people buy into this is just amazing.

obviously,some of the success stories are because they are using it in conjuction with what they are issued but none of that is a substitute for cleaning at every opportunity you get.

as a stand alone product in combat,it is highly overrated.at the range,who cares what you use.

like many other companies,their combination of ingredients might be a propietary mix,that somebody else invented the individual chemicals.they might keep the formula a secret but i think it's obvious that it's a high grade oils combined with lubricity improvers and use bi-polar technology...or something similar to that....but one that lacks good cleaning and protection agents,obviously.there are others out there that are much better.

you will find this type of technology in the better motor oils out there too.

as an aside,imo,in a rifle that uses the m16 type of direct gas impede system,if you use a dry lube(any type of dry lube) what you end up with is dry grit,especially in a sandy environment. if you use a wet lube(almost any type of quality wet lube),what you end up with is mud...wet mud.

of these two ways,dry grit or wet mud,imo,an m16 will run better and much more reliably in wet mud.

Page generated in 0.03790 seconds with 8 queries