View Single Post
Old July 31, 2012, 11:35 AM   #28
Bartholomew Roberts

Quote:
If it is a life, or death situation does it really matter ?
Well, in a life or death situation do you want to let the muzzle cover something you don't intend to destroy? It seems to me that if there is ever a time for an accident, that kind of stress has the potential to cause one.

Quote:
If I am home practicing a draw, the gun is unloaded and there is no one around to sweep. Why would anyone practice drawing with a loaded gun and other people around ?
Any kind of formal firearms instruction generally involves other people on the line with you, as does IDPA, IPSC, etc. Some of the more advanced classes will involve multiple people moving to and from cover and shooting simultaneously. And of course, if you need to draw a firearm off the range, chances are decent that there will be other people around.

I don't carry cross-draw, so I am not familiar with it; but it seems to me like a draw that did not sweep your leg/body or sweep a lot of bystanders would be difficult and not all that natural from that position. Maybe someone has a video that can demonstrate how that works?

Page generated in 0.02322 seconds with 8 queries