View Single Post
Old August 30, 2012, 04:12 PM   #51
dgludwig

Quote:
Quote:
No need to appear smart when coming off as uninformed might well garner you a bargaining edge when consummating a "deal", if played right.

How would that work well? I would think that being well-informed would be more advantageous than ignorance, either real or feigned.

Obviously, being well-informed should always work to your advantage. Appearing not so well-informed when you really are (i.e., at a gun show, for instance), might work in your stead if you feign ignorance concerning the worth of a particular firearm. If the seller knows I know the worth of a given firearm, he's, perhaps, going to try to make me pay the full amount unapologetically. But if part of his bargaining strategy is reduced to persuading me that the gun is worth what he's asking, he may not be so strident or insistent in making me pay his "asking" price-that is, if I'm too stupid to know any better, then get what you can from this ignorant sucker because he doesn't know from Adam to begin with.

Page generated in 0.05582 seconds with 8 queries