View Single Post
Old July 14, 2018, 11:49 AM   #23
44 AMP
Staff

To me, there's more than a bit of difference between someone stealing a blender or DVD movies from a store than stealing a PISTOL!!

Most stolen merchandise certainly isn't worth risking life and limb to stop. A gun, on the other hand, is a much different matter. I don't care what employee rules say, and even if the actual law doesn't require a response, there is the moral "law" that does.

The lesson is clearly illustrated in Marvel's Spiderman. (and it doesn't involve Spidey's superpowers, either).

young Peter Parker could have stopped a fleeing robber. He didn't. (somewhat understandable, as the guy robbed had just cheated Parker) Parker says "not my problem", and the robber gets away.

A little bit later that robber carjacks, and shoots Parker's beloved Uncle Ben, who dies in Peter's arms. This loss turns Parker into the crimefighter Spiderman.

Point here is, because he did nothing, when he could have done something, other, innocent, people were killed.

I would have fired the guy if he put himself at risk trying to stop the theft of a TV or a phone. For stopping the theft of a gun, I'd give him a raise!!

Page generated in 0.02322 seconds with 8 queries