View Single Post
Old October 22, 2021, 01:31 PM   #9
hounddawg

you should never be able to close the bolt on the NOGO. If you can you have excessive headspace. The painters tape on the GO should give you GO dimensions + .002, which is pretty near the perfect amount as near as I can tell. Play around using your comparator and the gages and you will see what I mean.

Edit a tight neck refers to the outside dimension of the neck part of the chamber. That is determined by the reamer, not bt setting headspace. Anything from Criterion will be SAAMI specs unless the neck dimension is mentioned in the description such as a .262 neck. If you wanted a tight neck you would need to send in your own custom dimensioned reamer. You will see barrels offered in match and regular versions. Match chamberings have a longer throat for use with longer heavier bullets

Edit two - for a stock consider the Boyds Pro Varmint or Varmint thumbhole. Classic looks, inexpensive, and stiff as a board. I don't bother with bedding but either pillar bedding or full bedding is an option

Last edited by hounddawg; October 22, 2021 at 01:59 PM.

Page generated in 0.02514 seconds with 8 queries