View Single Post
Old January 4, 2012, 02:00 PM   #3
sweetshot

I don't own one either, and use a citori lightning for doubles and a BT99 for singles. A good friend and trap teammate just bought a new unsingle combo Cynergy trap last spring and I got to shoot it several times with the single barrel on it. I didn't miss, and that was with no adjustments to the gun for my own body type. I really did like it. He has not used the O/U barrels yet. Another team member has an XT Trap O/U, and I've hit well with that one too. I've been contemplating going to an O/U XT for all my trap, but I love the BT99 and am also considering a new or used skeet O/U, so I likely will spend another year shooting both guns for trap singles and double. I believe Big Jim is right, though, about shooting just one gun for both, as the feel is consistent for balance and weight. The combo part gives you the same mount for either single barrel or double barrel, but you would still need to consider weighting the single barrel to give it the same balance as the O/U. (I don't know if the combo guns come out of the box weighted to be the same....that's a good question for another thread!)

Page generated in 0.03535 seconds with 8 queries