View Single Post
Old November 4, 2008, 10:24 PM   #20
Al.40cal

Accuracy and the military

Sure the military could spend (waste) more money on new arms and calibers for the troops but when you don't train for accuracy it's pointless. I've been in two branches of service and the only time we shot for accuracy was to get a bzo or grouping. Other than that it's hit or miss. In the M.C. we had better ranges and classes to test the shooters accuracy.There you move up and down the firing line from 200 to 500 yards, three shooting positions and more dedication to learning how to be effective. Unlike the Army who used paper targets with 10 silhouettes to represent distances of targets. Also they (Army) used pop up targets that always malfunctioned by not registering hits.
With all that being said if no-one trains police or troops practice accuracy on the range and stress it on the battlefield then there will always be failure to stop shootings (bg surviving).
Don't misinterpret this as a bash I was not 0311 or infantry in either branch just a support troop who shot expert and sharpshooter in all my quals. It's almost like saying equip them with rocket launchers but a good percentage of them would still miss.

"You think you got enough.....?"
"Brotha you can never have enough!"

Page generated in 0.02578 seconds with 8 queries