Thread: Too Much gun
View Single Post
Old July 9, 2013, 04:27 PM   #8
ColColt

I'm not recoil sensitive as I've shot everything from the lowly .308 to the 58 cal Zouave rifle from the bench. I wasn't expecting such a "lively shove" from this one, however. It has quite a drop and heel and toe and no padding on the butt, just steel on a skinny stock against a skinny shoulder-not much for shock absorption.

The bench will always tell the tale whether you're shooting a .222 or .458 Winchester. It's always the worse position for feeling recoil other than prone. Well, I don't know if I'll keep it or not. I'm getting too old to be beat up by a rifle.

I'm just trying to have a little fun-no competition in mind, no rams and chickens or 1,000 yard target in mind just a paper puncher at 300 yards max but I had read the long, heavy bullet in this caliber and especially the one I'm using-the 530 gr Postell bullet, is among the most accurate so; that's what I went with and spent quite a bit on a custom mold. The lighter(somewhat) bullet mold I have throws a 485 gr bullet and once I heal from this ordeal I may try that before giving up on things.

Page generated in 0.02891 seconds with 8 queries