View Single Post
Old April 14, 2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Hunting with my Pal and our weapon of choice.

Need a little help here folks. I have a Rem Model 7 in 223 shot once or twice over 15 years with factory Federal 55 gr. FMJ shells. Rifle was shot just enough to get its Bushnell Trophy scope on target at 100 yards. Nothing fancy, just on a paper plate size target is all. Since this State has an abundance of coyote. This rifle is going to be our go to rifle to help eliminate a few mouse and fawn eaters in the coming months. Hopefully trips will include my single parent 16 yr old Grandson on his weekends off is my true objective >my taking him hunting. I see that most reloading recipes for the 223 posted on TFLF are intentionally made up to work properly in AR type weapons. My Question: Does anyone have and willing to share a reasonably accurate re-loading for the 64 gr. Win S/P that will work well out of a bolt action? I don't mind tweaking a recipe if need be. That I expect. I'm starting from scratch with no powders and I'm quite willing to buy some. What I have on hand is: New Winchester Brass, Win S/R primers, and (500 rds) of 64 gr. bullets. So Gentlemen & Ladies too. Can you help us out please?_

Page generated in 0.02607 seconds with 8 queries