View Single Post
Old January 7, 2012, 03:38 PM   #4
jmr40

It would be impossible to tell without seeing you mount the rifle, but I suspect the problem is your technique. You have gotten so used to using the high rings that you are not mounting your face on the stock properly. Low or medium rings should be perfect for the 40 mm scope.

Of course if you want to mount the 40mm scope in high rings you can, but most experts sugggest mounting as low as possible for a variety of reasons. But different people have different builds and where low mounts work for me on this rifle, you may need mediums. I cannot imagine needing highs.

The good news, if you have to buy rings from Ruger, you only have to buy 1 ring, not a set. Ruger makes 4 heights. Low, medium, high, and extra high. They come from the factory with 1 medium and 1 high. You mount the high ring on the rear, and the medium on the front. This is considered a medium set. If you want to go higher, just order 1 extra high ring. Mount it on the rear,and move the high ring to the front. If you want low rings, just order 1 low ring. Mount it on the front and move the medium to the rear.

Page generated in 0.02192 seconds with 8 queries