View Single Post
Old July 17, 2011, 03:09 AM   #249
cracked91

Quote:
Second, the situation was extremely critical. Reston was badly wounded and couldn't get away from the attacker or even rise to his feet. He would have been unable to reload because the attacker was grappling with him. The attacker had already shot him multiple times and Reston couldn't afford to wait to see if he could survive being shot some more.
In his interview, Reston mentions grappling with the suspect prior to being shot, not after. But I do agree that the circumstances were dire, and that nothing more could be expected from anyone in that situation. He did good IMHO.

My point only being that sometimes the only way immediately stop a threat, is to, like you said, take out the CNS. Which equals killing someone.

Anyway, I understand this was a much different circumstance either way.

I just wanted to say that I did not intend any of my posts to offend or insult anyone. I hold everyone's opinions in very high regards on this thread, and on this forum in general. In my opinion it is by far the most professional, educational, and well moderated firearms forum on the net. I have learned more about firearms and laws in the last few years that I have read this forum than I could have imagined.

As to this thread, there are some extremely strong, and extremely valid points and opinions being made. But, at this point, I would be surprised if any opinions are going to be changed, so I am punching out of this one.

Page generated in 0.02345 seconds with 8 queries