View Single Post
Old December 4, 2009, 12:31 AM   #8
grumpycoconut

Clay,

Lighten up a bit there bro. The interwebz did not allow you to hear the speach impediment caused by the presence of my tongue in my cheek. Everyone who's ever served knows that Doggies only exist for Jar Heads to rescue and that Naval Infantry are self mobile sand bags and that Squids wash their hands after visiting the latrine because they ain't got the sense to not pee on their hands and that Zoomies are a bunch of effete (that means pampered pansies by the way) college boys (even the enlisteds) and that no one, including the Coasties, is really sure if the Coasties are gun fighters, rescuers or revenooers. You've just got to love a service that actually believes it when someone says something nuts like, "When storms shut down entire ports, we go out. When hurricanes ground the United States Navy, we go out. And when the holy Lord himself reaches down from heaven and destroys his good work with winds that rip houses off the ground, We. Go. Out."

And just to be clear, I intended full well and with malice aforethought to twist tails when I posted and I did so with a song in my heart, a smile on my face and a dagger in my teeth pirate style.

Back closer to topic now - Sheriffs and city cops pick at each other too just like service men and just like service men they kill and die for each other without hesitation when called upon to do so. That's part of why smart chiefs and sheriffs hire vets every time they have the chance.
"To spit on your hands and lower the pike; to stand fast over the body of Leonidas the King; to be rear guard at Kunu-Ri; to stand and be still to the Birkenhead Drill; these are not rational acts. They are often merely necessary." Pournelle

Page generated in 0.02594 seconds with 8 queries