View Single Post
Old April 2, 2008, 12:56 PM   #43
David Armstrong

Quote:
It looks like the arguments for "the necessity" of caring all the time in condition one vs. condition three, the "necessity" to have “one in the pipe”, the 21 feet theory, or the "best" caliber and type of bullet are just theoretical opinions. The reality, in many cases, proves them wrong.
It's not just the Israeli technique, there are all sorts of other bits of reality that tend to indicate that a lot of the theories have no basis in fact. Of course, lots of so-called theories are nothing more than dogmatic cliches that gun owners have tossed around for years without caring about the accuracy of the statement.

Quote:
Since the Israeli method is such an egregious self imposed handicap in the realm of efficient gun handling, I am totally mystified what the point of carrying that way in a potential danger zone would be.
You talk about a "preconceived emotional inclination " and then make a statement like that, which is obviously based on a preconceived emotional inclination? How strange. As mentioned before, history has shown, over and over, despite all the claims to the contrary, that chamber empty carry is not much, if any, handicap, which is why so many people and organizations have used it in so many really hot spots for so long.

Quote:
Most of what I read indicates that the so-called "Israeli Carry" (Condition III) was in effect when they had a plethora of different weapons, and that was some time ago. I have read that since they have updated\/standardised their military, C-III is no longer used....
Don't know. One of the guys I work with occassionally was in Israel around Christmas and he said that Chamber Empty was still the mandatory carry mode, at least for non-LE. Maybe one of the members on the ground in that area can clarify??

Last edited by David Armstrong; April 2, 2008 at 02:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.03557 seconds with 8 queries