View Single Post
Old June 10, 2021, 06:19 PM   #25
stagpanther

So today I went out and tried going just for the targets on the top row, thinking that I got lucky yesterday, maybe it would go well today too.

It didn't.

I tried no less than seven times, and most of the targets I couldn't hit any of the top row targets, this was my best result with only two hits:

This next target was my last and things just kept going from bad to worse. But something really weird/interesting happened. I was so miffed that I was missing by a wide margin with each shot I loaded another 5 cartridges before packing up, and without changing a thing sent off 5 quick shots at the middle row and basically swept them (except maybe the first one)--almost easily. The weird part is that I absolutely swear that I shot at the top row with the same concentration and hold that I did for the middle row, even though the reticle obscured the target dot I was pretty sure I still was centering it within the circle. Even without being able to see the dot itself--notice how the POI veered unpredictably from side to side and by a wide margin that is further out than anything in the middle row.

Here is where I step off into the twilight zone--I'm wondering if there is some kind of physiological/ eye object dominance thing that threw my visual processing off lacking the actual center dot to focus on? Way above my pay grade--maybe a lurker pro comp shooter can confirm (or simply tell me I've smoked too much whacky weed).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5088.jpg (132.3 KB, 492 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5089.jpg (150.5 KB, 479 views)

Page generated in 0.04049 seconds with 9 queries