View Single Post
Old March 23, 2000, 05:22 PM   #4
John Overbey

Definately a bad situation. You would be in (assumed) unfamiliar territory, are out-gunned, and out-numbered. Plus there is no way of knowing whether the ones you SAW were the only ones THERE. You could be running straight back to their camp/home/etc. Your best bet in survival would be to take cover - if possible, find something that gives natural cover on one or more sides (cliff face, cave, etc. and hide. Use this time to try to gain some idea of the situation and load your weapon and prepare. Do NOT try to find them. If a confrontation is unavoidable, you must take the only advantage available to you by making them come to you - YOU pick the location. If at all possible though, evade and escape. These folks are more than likely more interested in protecting their secret and avoiding "legal entanglments" than actually hunting you down. As mad as I'd be about being shot at, it's not worth dying just to appease my ego. Once the threat has passed, you will probably be able to think more clearly and find your way back out. Once out, contact the authorities ASAP. Of course, some of these issues could have been avoided by 1. not wondering around in condition white, 2. carry a side arm, 3. always keep at least a compass, if not a GPS and or cell phone on you. Just my thoughts...
-John

[This message has been edited by John Overbey (edited March 23, 2000).]

Page generated in 0.03844 seconds with 8 queries