View Single Post
Old April 22, 2002, 03:50 AM   #58
uglymofo

I posted this earlier in the thread:

Dunno what you've decided, but if you go Hornady LNL AP, it may be cheapest here ($289; unclear if a shellplate is included, though it seems standard with other vendors):

http://www.wideners.com/shopping/car...s&item=H095100

The price is still good as of 0422. 0135pdt, and there is no shellplate included, though S & H is included--$289 is the out the door price, short a shellplate.

Grunewaj,

I tapped the pistol sleeve just as you suggested, but to my surprise, the powder drop cycled to exactly the same short throw as with the rifle sleeve.

However, after some tinkering, I ended up adjusting the height of the entire powder measure (down) and resetting the linkage to a different notch. It takes some hit and miss, but after a couple of tries, I got the metering to settle down and throw consistently with a full-cycled throw.

I don't see that anything at all is gained by this extra work though, for two reasons. I'm not sure I can logically duplicate the throw mechanically (for instance, if the height of the measure had to be reset for rifle cartridges, I don't think I could 'step-by-step' recreate the exact 45ACP height by an orderly process without using a ruler to measure the height beforehand)--that is to say, I'd be damn hard-pressed to write instructions to adjust the powder measure height and linkage correctly except to say, "experiment with height adjustments until desired height is achieved"--not very useful. Secondly, the only thing a full throw accomplished is to throw as consistently as the altered rifle sleeve threw with a partial throw.

Sorry that wasn't much help.

Page generated in 0.02633 seconds with 8 queries