View Single Post
Old February 6, 2014, 12:31 PM   #3
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
...The fellow with the errant GPS apparantly was not allowed to turn around...as I understand it...apparantly he did not want to enter Canada in the first place. I should think that he should be given a pass due to that fact, if in fact that's what really happened. Does my logic make sense to you about this?
I'm afraid that your logic is irrelevant. It's a matter that will be, and will properly be, decided in Canada under its laws.

Canada is a sovereign country with its own laws and its own form of due process. Anyone accused of a Canadian crime will have whatever opportunities Canadian law affords to mount a defense and/or seek to excuse or minimize his culpability.

That may sound harsh, but it's reality. And there are countries in which someone making a similar error would fare far worse than in Canada.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.03136 seconds with 8 queries