View Single Post
Old August 16, 2013, 04:35 PM   #2772
thallub

Quote:
In summation, might I add the following. Neither the Democrats nor the Republicans are, in my view, worth the matches it would take to set them alight, regarding the administration antics they have acquiesced to respecting the criminal fiasco that was and remains this thing called Operation Fast & Furious.

i agree.

Unlike many, i'm not ready to blame the media for the failure of the investigation into Fast and Furious. Most of the people who blame CBS, NBC, ABC and CNN for their failure to cover Operation Fast and Furious steadfastly refuse to watch those networks and, therefore, have no idea what those networks cover. Fast and Furious was reported on regularily by all the major networks. The Fast and Furious story came to light because of an CBS reporter, Sharyl Attkisson.

One of the things that killed the investigation into F&F was the failure to demand the overhaul of the BATFE.

For months i read everything that came out of Issa's committee. Few, if any, of those reports ever mentioned Operation Wide Receiver. Wide Receiver was the pilot program for Fast and Furious. Contrary to popular belief, few of the Wide Receiver guns were tracked by the Mexicans or anyone else. At least 13 Wide Receiver guns were recovered at Mexican crime scenes.

Quote:
The prosecutor also found evidence that guns involved in Operation Wide Receiver were connected to crime scenes in Mexico. She wrote that “13of the purchased firearms have been recovered in Mexico in connection with crime scenes, including the April 2008 Tijuana gun battle” and that “[t]wo potential defendants were recently murdered in Mexico.”
See:

Email from Laura Gwinn, Criminal Division, Department of Justice, to Kevin
Carwile, Criminal Division, Department of Justice (Mar. 16, 2010).

The whole truth about Operation Fast and Furious will probably never be known. The House Oversight Committee don't have the stomach for it.

Many years ago i was the commander of a US Army EOD unit. i had my runin with a BATF SAC. The scurrilous cretin wanted me to tell a federal judge that i disposed of hundreds of thousands of small arms rounds confiscated illegally by the BATFE. The judge had ordered the ammunition returned to its owner and the BATF could not produce it.

i want that agency reformed.

Last edited by thallub; August 16, 2013 at 09:00 PM.

Page generated in 0.03757 seconds with 8 queries