View Single Post
Old August 15, 2009, 09:16 AM   #128
Dr Raoul Duke

Quote:
But adding a firearm into how one relates to the events and circumstances around them on the mundane daily routine of their lives complicates the issues and adds risks both legal and physical, because carrying a gun has a lot more gravity than many realize at first. If this thread has any value it's probably in revealing just how vague and situational the rules are, and just how uncertain and unpredictable the effects of inserting a gun into situations otherwise avoided would be- the possibility of serious criminal charges and the potential to really harm someone are amplified 100 times with the presence of a gun that's brought forth; the gamble made 100 more times more expensive if the possession of a gun acted as an incentive to get involved in the first place, and none of those effects are predictable. Pull a gun = roll the dice, with lives and futures in the pot.
You know Uncle Billy; I had an Uncle Bill (my Mother's eldest brother), and aside from teaching me how to shoot, chase anything after Walker hounds, work wood, make a farm pay, treat people decently, read the Good Book, keep gasoline and diesel engines running, make and drink whiskey in moderation, and be an all around rational and decent man; most people would not have noticed him. I've been reading your posts for some time and find that I have this thing about agreeing with you on almost all of the things you say. In the current context, I've made my position quite clear. I'd just like to say that I find your mature and reasonable position to be a breath of fresh air among the folks who have never bothered to read the law concerning lethal force, or even question why they they have a CCW in the first place.

Good for you.

Dr. Raoul Duke
Gonzo Forever

Page generated in 0.03528 seconds with 8 queries