View Single Post
Old August 10, 2008, 06:08 AM   #29
threegun

PAX, I got you. I shoot competitions for fun. I have used my carry gun (although I just bought a smith custom PPC 9mm) or a slightly modified version of it for every competition except one ( I took first place A division in a PPC match with my new smithy). I'm not one of those guys who pours himself into the competitive world. For me its basically to expose myself to shooting under pressure. Most of my shoot/gun handling time is spent focusing on developing the skills and tactics to survive a shootout.

Were on Earth did you guys gather that I think that I will learn nothing from a training course offered by a professional instructor? I'm just trying to determine if I will learn enough to justify the cost since I have been using much of the same on my own for years. Heck the fact that I even posed the original question should be an indicator that I am willing to learn........that alone shoots holes (pardon the pun) in the "he knows it all" claims.

I just don't want to pay a thousand bucks to do what I already do. i was hoping that you guys would post some of what stood out to you when you actually took a course. Perhaps list some of the activities that really opened your eyes. I'm not very good with using words to get a point across but I wasn't trying to sound snobby or know it all ish.

Double Naught,
Quote:
I will say it again. I think you are setting your standards too low. What you are suggesting as "excellent" sounds mediocre at best.
I really curious as to how you can make a judgment either way. At least I can base my statement on what I have seen.

To all, I apologize if I have ruffled any feathers as it wasn't my intention. I'm just a cheap old pawn broker wanting to squeeze as much as I can from every penny.

Page generated in 0.02281 seconds with 8 queries