View Single Post
Old January 2, 2007, 01:36 PM   #18
NCHornet

Quote:
I can't imagine not helping. And that goes for it being a non-LEO as well. As a human, and a Christian, I value the lives of innocents more than my own finances or freedom. Even if a time-traveler came back and told be I would get sued and would lose, I would still help. I cannot sit by and watch someone being harmed and even die because I am thinking of myself.
I agree 100% as well as what Pointer said above.
If he wasn't a LEO and it was a woman getting raped would you step in and help? If not, you are of no benefit to society, sorry just the way I feel. I had a situation where a buddy of mine rolled up on a female deputy wrestling with a 300 lb 6"4" black guy on PCP. This is when I lived in CA. turns out the female was waiting for BU when this guy went nuts and attacked her, she had already dumped her PS into this guy's face and when we approached she was on the guys back off the ground trying a choke hold. This guy was walking around the yard with her on his back as if she wasn't even there. One more reason why I feel most females should not be on patrol by themselves. Anyway this lady was screaming for help, there was about 10 males standing around just watching, I couldn't believe it. My buddy and I jumped out of my truck and took a tire iron to the guys Knees, he finally came to the ground and we were able to get him handcuffed with the help of some other men that decided to help, it took two pairs of cuffs with a nylon zip tie cuff in between, this guy was huge. When Back up arrived they drew down on us that were helping until the officer explained the situation, this was perfectly understandable. They took our names and we received many, many thank you's for what we had done. I was a lot younger than, and CA was a no carry state and still is, would I do it again, you bet, but this time I have a sidearm if the situation required it. A LEO in a fight for life is no different than anybody else being attacked by a BG, I am going to help all I can.

Page generated in 0.03402 seconds with 8 queries