View Single Post
Old March 10, 2013, 12:11 PM   #1
REDBULL600

Marlin 80DL .22LR

Ok, long story short; Father-in-Laws rifle from when he was a boy, Mother-in-law found it and gave it to me to get rid of. Not happening as Just yesterday I was going around to LGS looking and pricing .22LR rifles to start my 9yr boy on out at the my familys farm. Not taking him to the range for his first few shooting lessons. My Wife was like perfect, no more spending money. How little she knows, getting a firearm is only the beginning.

Father-in-law has long past away so I can't talk to him about it to get the history.

This rifle has been in a basement for about 40+ yrs, and it was nasty with cob webs, dust and smelled like cat litter. Bolt was really hard to open and the safety would engage.

So I locked my self in the basement last night with some rags, a new bottle of hoppers oil and cleaning kit. after settling on the die hard Bluray I finally got the gun cleaned up. I am very new to firearms, kinda learning as I go and very reluctant to start disassembling a gun. Any ways, i'll look on YOutube per haps. Bolt is smoother now and the safety is moving but really hard, but that isn't my biggest problem; no mag...

Can I just insert a round into the "pipe" and close the bolt? It is a bit awkward but I have tried but didn't close the bolt as I don't know if it will discharge. I know closing the bolt wont make it automatically go off but just incase there is malfunction or something, I want to be on the range before I do so. Again I have not history of this rifle so I feel I must proceed with caution.

The stock is scratched up badly, can that be replaced or could I lightly sand it and re stain it? How do I remove the parts to do this? Also that would be nice to know to do a REALLY good cleaning.

I know not so short.
Thanks. Andy.

Page generated in 0.03576 seconds with 8 queries