View Single Post
Old January 15, 2013, 02:43 PM   #7
carguychris

Quote:
That is for you, the citizens, to fight. As a legal resident alien (and a gun owner) immediate early adoption is the correct option for my family and I.
IANAL, but legal resident aliens generally have the same rights as citizens as it relates to gun ownership and possession. There is no logical reason for "immediate early adoption" of a proposed restriction that may not even pass!
Quote:
Are there any 7 round mags out there to buy to replace these hi-cap mags?????... I have not seen a 7 round glock mag for a full size gun before? 10 yes 7 no?
  • I prefer not to refer to a properly-designed flush-fitting mag as "hi-cap". If it's the mag that the pistol was designed to use, it is a standard-capacity magazine. If it holds fewer rounds than the pistol's full design capacity, it is a restricted-capacity magazine.
  • The 7rd limit is a NY thing, and it refers to the number of rounds loaded in the magazine, NOT to the capacity of the magazine. IOW the NY law doesn't ban possession of 10rd mags; it just bans the physical placement of more than 7 rounds within a >7rd mag. Yes, really. It is in fact just as stupid as it sounds. However, the law does not effectively ban any of the numerous pistols for which a 10rd magazine is available, thereby giving the NY Attorney General legal wiggle room to argue that the law does not constitute a de facto ban.
  • AFAIK there is no credible reason to believe that this law will be adopted anywhere outside NY State. NY residents are permitted to panic, but this is premature for folks living elsewhere!

Last edited by carguychris; January 15, 2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: minor reword...

Page generated in 0.03901 seconds with 8 queries