Thread: Major re-think?
View Single Post
Old January 23, 1999, 08:27 AM   #16
Ray VanderLinden

I fail to see the problem here. If you want to shoot light recoil loads then accept minor. If you are willing to shoot harder recoil loads shoot major.
My 200 grain .45's make over 200,000, why? The word everyone forgot PRACTIAL. My duty loads are 200 gr Gold Dot +Ps, I load all my practice loads, or compitetion loads, to the same or nearly the same velocity. I shoot a single stack 1911, no comp, no optics. Yes a small fast bullet will shoot through armor, so will the old .30 Mauser, it is a dismal stopper though. In the real world the 9mm with good hollow points works good, if the hollow point doesn't get plugged, the .40 has shown it's self to be a good stopper. The idea of power factor can be changed all you want and it won't change a thing. SOMEONE will still be unhappy. If you take the arguement I hear in this string to it's Illogical extreme the next thing I'll hear is that, that new super .22 is better for hunting elephant that the 458 Win Mag. Minor gets less points Because it's easier to hit fast with. Major gets no more point than Minor if you hit the A zone. In the world that IPSC was meant to train for bigger bullets do more damage than little bullets, ie. they let more cold air in and more warm blood out.
If all it is to you is a game, then play by the rules you knew were in place when you started, and stop whining.
If you use the "Game" to add some fun to Training, then shoot what you carry and you only have to compete against yourself.

Page generated in 0.02101 seconds with 8 queries