View Single Post
Old January 31, 2009, 05:21 PM   #43
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
Strange how some target shooters with no laser experience, training or ability are so eager to condemn laser sights for low-light/darkness.
First of all, I didn't condemn them. I posted the comments of a trainer/instructor with considerable experience using lasers.

Second, I didn't condemn them. I merely pointed out what the trainer felt was one disadvantage to lasers. Any technique or device has advantages and disadvantages. Pointing out a single disadvantage is a long way from condemnation. I believe that the instructor in question is actually a proponent of lasers, but he does realize that there are some limitations and disadvantages to using them.

Third, I think that perhaps it's a bit egotistical to assume that those who disagree with you are "target shooters with no laser experience, training or ability". That's a lot of assumptions packed into a small sentence. While it may well be true that there is no one here who matches your "laser experience", your training, or your ability, and while we may all qualify as merely "target shooters" in light of your experience as an operator, that's not to say that we have NO experience, NO training, NO ability and NO experience with anything other than targets.

Furthermore, attempting to make points in a discussion by belittling/denigrating the people you're arguing with is called an ad hominem. Not only is it a logical fallacy, it is prohibited at TFL.

Page generated in 0.02231 seconds with 8 queries