View Single Post
Old January 31, 2009, 04:34 AM   #38
JohnKSa
Staff

Quote:
JohnKSa..What is the name of the little powerful light you carry?
It's the Fenix L1T V2.0. It runs off a single AA battery--I use the rechargeable high-output NimH batteries for economy. Fenix makes a variety of lights, but I feel that one is the best balance of features, brightness & size.
Quote:
To me, the biggest impediment to speed is the almost subconscious desire adjust the light to point it directly at the target. You need not do that, just splash light downrange and address the target as soon as you assess the threat. You should practice that technique often.
Not only is it not required to direct the light so that it's pointing exactly at the target, sometimes there are benefits of NOT pointing exactly at the target. Toward the end of the writeup I address an issue with backscatter from the light reflecting off the discharge smoke. It was found that pointing at the ground between the target & the shooter provided enough illumination of the target for the shooter to clearly see the target. Then, with a night-sight equipped pistol the shooter could line up and shoot without being bothered by the reflected light from the discharge smoke. This technique can not be counted upon to provide enough target illumination to allow the use of normal sights--night sights are required.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fenix_pic.jpg (117.6 KB, 474 views)

Page generated in 0.03546 seconds with 9 queries