View Single Post
Old January 22, 2009, 04:19 PM   #3
zukiphile

Quote:
The courts have upheld every one of these laws.
I wouldn't have imagined after reading Heller that anyone should think it would require the right be extended to felons. I don't know personally anyone who argued that it would. I don't believe that showing Heller to have been cited by 60 random criminal defendants who then lost is evidence that heller itself is some sort of general disappointment.

Quote:
The Supreme Court wrote that "nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions on the commercial sale of arms."

the paragraph shed too much light. It revealed that the Supreme Court believes that almost all gun control measures on the books today are perfectly lawful ...
The author over-reaches here. The paragraph reveals that the court reached none of those issues.

Quote:
Hardliners in the gun rights community cannot help but be disappointed with their long-awaited triumph.
Does anyone concur with this author's conclusion? He seems to have tried terribly hard to manufacture a disappointment.

Page generated in 0.03223 seconds with 8 queries