View Single Post
Old August 13, 2008, 02:26 PM   #16
AZAK

Location: the object towards which the action of the sea is directed
Are you using any reloading manual? They can help immensely with the steps necessary for reloading, in general - including vocabulary and specifically with the particulars of any printed/given load. They do a pretty good job giving step by step instruction. I find that some are a little more detailed than others. And it is always good to actually watch someone reload properly. I have heard that there are reloading DVDs out there, and in a pinch youtube has different reloading videos online. I can't verify the correctness of the videos on youtube. I have watched a few that are really good at following the rules and steps, and others that don't. At least you can find some that really can help visually. Sometimes then it all makes sense.

Also I would recommend that any future loads be labeled (keeping the rounds in a box/container with the information about that particular load) so that you know what exactly you have in each box. Funny thing, cartridges all seem to look a lot alike on the outside! Reloading manuals have a bit on keeping this information written on your boxes, including what to write down. At least mine do.

Good Luck with future reloading! Just remember that this is a serious business that you are engaging in, worst case scenario is a ruined gun with pieces of it in your face and/or hands. If you know someone who can mentor you in reloading, that is the route that I would take. When I first started reloading, I researched as much as I could and was fortunate enough to have my father in law (who has been reloading for almost fifty years on a weekly basis) teach me.

And I am still learning about reloading, and still consider myself a beginner. This forum is an excellent place to bring your questions, a lot of really good knowledgeable folks here!

Now, go figure...

Page generated in 0.03435 seconds with 8 queries