View Single Post
Old April 11, 2008, 07:28 PM   #11
Inspector3711

No argument there... Gauging is always better. Some of us aren't up to speed with the cash for everything we should have yet though. I've been trying to sell stuff on craigslist for a week now to finance my first bottle of Varget and some brass (no, I can't afford even $20 right now). Also need a Lee auto prime and primers. Luckily I was able to check the ogive for various bullets at my dad's recently with his tools. Unfortunately he lives 2.5 hours from here and I still need a bullet comparator to check the bullet seating depth. At the moment the dimensions I have written down aren't helping me. My one saving grace there is that my .25-06 was made long before 75 and 87 grain bullets were around. The rifle has a long throat so there is no way these will come close to the rifling. Instead I'll set them .257 deep which I can check with calipers. Then I'll hope for some kind of accuracy. For fall I'll use 100 or 117 grainers which the ogive measurements work out for. Back on the .223, I will need the comparator for seating depth there. In both cases the empty brass chambers easily in my rifles and the overall case length is dead on +/-.001 so at least I'm prepped.

Page generated in 0.02214 seconds with 8 queries